Message from the Willow Chairman [Richard Saunders -Consmen]

Willow League updates and information can be posted here. Users do not have to register to read these posts, but users do have to register to enter a post
dan lewis
Site Admin

Message from the Willow Chairman [Richard Saunders -Consmen]

Post by dan lewis »

To all Willow League teams

With the new season due to start in just a few weeks, I thought it might be useful just to summarise and remind about a few key changes and other key information for this year:
  • Each designated home team must provide a new ball for the match and pitch the wickets – even if you are playing at the other team’s ground, if you are the first named team on the fixture list it is your ‘home’ fixture

Points are only ‘scored’ once the completed score sheet and result has been emailed to Dave Powell within 7 days of the game being completed

Main change to rules is that in the Cup competition batsman now retire once they have reached 25

It is the responsibility of the Captain to ensure that those he sends out to umpire are familiar with the laws of cricket and the local rules that apply to Willow League games, and that his side complies with ECB regulations if any juniors play in the team

Fixtures, rules, results, tables and other useful info about the League can be obtained online from the Willow League website, kindly hosted by Casuals and kept updated by Dan Lewis http://www.cardiffcasualscricket.co.uk/ ... /index.htm [Dan - Rules on the site are correct apart from the Cup - just waiting on final draft (but main thing is 25 retirement rule). Team Contacts list can be obtained from your club Willow representative]

It’s a tribute to the Willow League that since the office of Chairman was instituted several years ago the need to refer matters for adjudication have been few and far between – I’d be happy to be similarly idle during my period in office.

Good luck to everyone for the new season and here’s hoping we get a terrific summer of cricket

Richard Saunders

Willow League Chairman