Shield/Plate match info

Willow League updates and information can be posted here. Users do not have to register to read these posts, but users do have to register to enter a post
dan lewis
Site Admin

Shield/Plate match info

Post by dan lewis »

With only 2 rounds of League games left the Shield/Plate competitions are fast approaching so please note the following :-

The draw for these competitions has already been circulated and is dependent on final League positions, i.e. top 6 will contest the Shield and
bottom 5 plus Cardiff Hockey will contest the Plate.
Only 5 pitches (Cath School, Llanrumney (2), St Fagans and Wenvoe) are available for 6 fixtures in each round so one fixture will always have
to be played on another day in the Shield/Plate weeks.
This means that 1 fixture will unfortunately have to be arranged on the same night as the Cavaliers v Willow League XI 30th anniversary match.
This also means that if 2 sides who use the above grounds are drawn to play each other, the other pitch will need to be used i.e. if Casuals are
drawn to play Cavaliers at Wenvoe, Cath School will need to be used for another Shield/Plate fixture.
I will make every effort not to arrange fixtures on dates where teams already have friendlies scheduled as long as I know (I have taken the fixtures of Casuals, Cavaliers and Cardiff Bay from their websites, if other teams have friendlies in the Shield/Plate weeks please let me know by return email).
I'm aiming to circulate the Shield/Plate fixtures on Thurs 10 July.

If you have queries regarding these points please contact me by return email as I will be on holiday shortly after the fixtures are circulated so will
have very little time to make any further amendments.

Cup semi finals to be played on Thursday 3 July

Cavaliers v Rhiwbina at Cathedral School
Casuals v South Glam at Llanrumney

Cheers.
John.